Home/Micro Finance Program/Overall Impacts of the Program
Overall Impacts of the Program
- Poor people have the access to financial services were unable to obtain credit earlier from mainstream banks due to lack of necessary assets and referrals.
- Dependency of the poor on the money lenders is gradually decreasing.
- Income of the borrowers increased by using the loans in different income generating activities which in turn improved their living standard.
- Women are socially and economically empowered and their participation in the decision-making process is increasing.
- Microcredit has created jobs directly and indirectly, as borrowers are able to hire others on their IGAs.
- Training on different IGAs and credit management are helping the beneficiaries to select and run the IGAs suitable for their sustainable livelihood.
- Vaccination and regular treatment of domestic animals of the members is reducing the mortality of livestock and thereby improving their nutritional status gradually.
- Employment opportunity was created for the poor, especially women of haor areas.
- Health, education, sanitation and nutritional status of the poor people are improving which in turn may reduce their poverty.
- More income generating facilities and opportunities are created due to availability of solar energy, potentially reduces poverty in rural areas.
- Remittances generate multiplier effects in the local economy, creating jobs and spurring new economic and social infrastructure and services at the community level.
- The beggar rehabilitation program transforms the street beggars as the productive members of the society.